a free webinar for YOUTH 13+(and adults) to prevent sexual exploitation/trafficking
Aura Freedom partnered with MCIS Language Solutions and Helpingtraffickedpersons.org to bring youth 13+ a FREE webinar to prevent sexual exploitation and human trafficking.
Attention all youth at home during the COVID-19 crisis:
Been hearing a lot about human trafficking and online exploitation lately?
What do they really look like? Are you at risk?
What does this all mean to you, your friends and your community?
Join the youth team of Aura Freedom’s Peer Prevention Project for an interactive webinar aimed at preventing human trafficking, online exploitation and gender-based violence though education and empowerment.
Designed and created for youth, by youth, our webinar will increase your awareness of trafficking and exploitation with a focus on its root causes and give you the tools you need to keep yourself and your friends safe.
With students out of school and spending more time online, there is no better time to learn about internet safety, equality and healthy relationships in order to make informed decisions and lead lives free from violence and exploitation.
Appropriate for ages 13+
Youth, parents, teachers and interested community members will:
- learn how human trafficking and online exploitation happen (the luring/grooming process, current trends, myths) and what they look like in Canada
- explore the root causes of human trafficking (gender inequality, colonialism, systemic racism, ableism, homophobia, etc.) and how recognizing and understanding these root causes can increase equality and prevent abuse and exploitation
- learn about consent, healthy relationships and internet safety
- learn how to protect yourself and the people you care about and where to get help
- learn how to create a safer, more equal and more peaceful world